City Treasurer's Office
Sandra L. Kasperek
The mission of the City Treasurer's Office is to provide knowledgeable and courteous customer assistance for residents, businesses and visitors, and to implement the most current information technology available.
- The Treasurer's Office will NOT Process Passports during the weeks of February 1 - 22, 2016; August 11 - September 9, 2016; and December 7, 2016 through January 6, 2017.
- Check your Troy property tax bill or make a payment online
- Make tax payments with credit card by phone 1.855.375.7381, July 1, 2015 to February 28, 2016.
- NOTE: you may NOT use a credit card when paying taxes in person at the Treasurer's Office (500 W Big Beaver) or by mail. Mail current tax season payment to: City of Troy - Tax, PO Box 554754, Detroit, MI 48255-4754.
- Form #471 - Michigan Dept. of Treasury Application for Deferment of Summer Taxes
The City Treasurer's Office serves as the focal point for all collections,deposits and disbursements of receipts for the City on a daily basis. The major function of the department is the tax billing and collections. Taxes generate the largest portion of the revenue for the City. The Treasurer's Office serves as the City's Passport Acceptance Facility. Applications accepted only by appointment, call 248.524.3333. Check or money order must be submitted with application. Other fees may be paid by check or cash only. Passport Acceptance Facility will be closed from February 1 - 22, 2016; August 11 - September 9, 2016; and December 7, 2016 through January 6, 2017.
Automatic Bill Payment for Water/Sewer Bills
Customers can authorize the City of Troy to automatically withdraw water/sewer payments electronically from a customer's checking or savings account on the due date. Customers receive the quarterly bill in advance before the payment is deducted. No checks...no postage...no late payments...no hassles. Automatic Bill Payment is free and easy to use.
Automatic Water/Sewer Bill Payment FAQ's, Enrollment Form and Sign up for Paperless Water/Sewer Bills
For more information, please call 248.524.3333
Mail Water Bill Payments to: City of Troy - Water, PO Box 554743, Detroit MI 48255-4743
General Tax Bill Information
Taxes are billed twice a year (July and December) for both real and personal property. Summer taxes are billed on July 1 and are payable by September 1. Winter taxes are billed on December 1 and are payable by February 14. Bills are directed to both a homeowner and to a homeowner's mortgage company; therefore, it is very important for the homeowner to keep us informed if:
- A refinancing has occurred and a change in mortgage company is involved
- The mortgage was sold to another lender
- The mortgage has been paid off
- The home is sold
Do not rely on the mortgage company or the new or former lender to relay this information.
There is no such thing as too much information. State law holds the homeowner entirely responsible for making sure taxes are paid, so do what you can to see the tax bills are properly directed. If you are responsible for paying your own taxes, mark reminders on your calendar. If you have not received your summer tax bill by the end of the first week in July or your winter tax bill by the end of the first week in December, call the City Treasurer's Office. We will be happy to provide you with a copy. For further information, please contact the City Treasurer's Office at 248.524.3333.